Why to donate blood
A blood donation truly is a “gift of life” that a healthy individual can give to others in their community who are sick or injured.Safe blood saves lives and improves health. Blood transfusion is needed for -
- Women with complications of pregnancy, such as ectopic pregnancies and hemorrhage before, during or after childbirth.
- Children with severe anaemia often resulting from malaria or malnutrition
- People with severe trauma following accidents; and
- Many surgical and cancer patients.
Health Benefits Of Donating Blood
- ENHANCES FEELING OF WELL BEING IN ELDERLY PEOPLE
- BURNS CALORIES
- BRINGS JOY TO MANY
- FREE HEALTH SCREENING DONE
- IMPROVES HEART HEALTH
- REDUCES CANCER RISK
- ENHANCES THE PRODUCTION OF NEW BLOOD CELLS
- SAVES LIVES